[haiku-development] Fwd: Preliminary R1/Alpha 2 images available for limited testing.

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 08:45:20 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, May 9, 2010 at 02:20
Subject: Re: [haiku-development] Preliminary R1/Alpha 2 images
available for limited testing.
To: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 3:50 AM, scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> yeah it just finished
>

> On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 8:49 PM, Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> yeah sorry, i screwed the permission file originally, can you re-try?

well the iso with the source has some issues....  I wasn't able to
install to either of my haiku partitions... it's giving an error.

Also several apps are not working and are shown in the apps menu with
the 3 blocks icon.  Also i thought clockwerk wasn't going to be
included?

so it seems something is not quite ready for prime time here, this is
with the image i d/l from you.

.. forgot to mention, this was burned to a CD and then booted from that CD.
.. I just booted with the May7th image from haiku-files r36724 and was
able to install it without problems to myhaiku partitions, so it's
something wrong with the preliminary iso.

-scott