[haiku-development] Re: Future Haiku Features

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:46:36 -0700

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 11:41 AM, scott mc<scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There was a talk given at OSCON about release management:
> http://en.oreilly.com/oscon2009/public/schedule/detail/7823
> They have posted the slides on the website.  I missed the talk, but
> the slides look to be helpful.  This talk was by the release manager
> for subversion and includes some good pointers.

On a similar topic, I caught the talk by Theo de Raadt about OpenBSD
release cycles, and why they work...

I realize some people *hate* Theo, but I found it at least somewhat
insightful if you have the time. There's a youtube of it:

The concept primarily revolves around getting all developers working
on the same goal at the same time, which increases the likelihood that
you will succeed for each release with high-quality product.

Might be a bit early for this, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to start
putting something in place now.

- Urias