[haiku-development] Re: Future Haiku Features

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:46:36 -0700

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 11:41 AM, scott mc<scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There was a talk given at OSCON about release management:
> http://en.oreilly.com/oscon2009/public/schedule/detail/7823
> They have posted the slides on the website.  I missed the talk, but
> the slides look to be helpful.  This talk was by the release manager
> for subversion and includes some good pointers.

On a similar topic, I caught the talk by Theo de Raadt about OpenBSD
release cycles, and why they work...

I realize some people *hate* Theo, but I found it at least somewhat
insightful if you have the time. There's a youtube of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7pkyDUX5uM

The concept primarily revolves around getting all developers working
on the same goal at the same time, which increases the likelihood that
you will succeed for each release with high-quality product.

Might be a bit early for this, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to start
putting something in place now.

- Urias