[haiku-development] Re: FreeBSD network drivers

  • From: "Adrien Destugues" <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 13:10:43 +0000

Personally i'd like to hold off of any major FreeBSD network stack
updates
until after our next release. The network drivers have been pretty
stable
lately, lets work on getting a release out first :-)

A release that doens't work on any modern hardware will not be that helpful. If
two weeks after the release we are already telling people to use the nightlies
because they have new network drivers, the release would be a failure.

My vote goes to doing the work as soon as possible, and if it creates problems,
we can always revert it in the release branch until things are sorted out.

--
Adrien.