[haiku-development] Re: Filesystem corruption and Alpha-1

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 15:38:14 -0700

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Zenja Solaja<solaja@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What I wanted to say was GParted sees no partitions at all - it sees an
> empty disk, even though there is still a FAT32 and BeFS parition still
> there.  Remeber, this was after PSI altered things and crashed.

Sounds like possibly the entire partition map is toast (gone, or corrupt)

This doesn't mean the data is gone, and as long as the bootloader
still is there, and knows the offset of each partition, they should
still boot.

If you know the exact partition map layout, you can still re-create it
without wiping out the existing partitions, but it can be a real
chore.

- Urias