[haiku-development] Re: Filesystem corruption and Alpha-1

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 14:09:56 +0200

Hi David,

On 2009-06-23 at 13:47:33 [+0200], David Himelright
<david.himelright@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As a newcomer, this reminds me to check trac for existing bugs related to
> what I assume to be missing metadata causing crashers in Tracker after
> file copies from the console rather than Tracker itself.
>
> If it's yet unreported, I'll come up with a test case and file a ticket.
> Obviously there's a consistency issue between the posix implementation
> and the high level implementation.

If there is indeed a connection, that would hint at two bugs. Our "cp"
implementation should copy all attributes by default and Tracker should
simply not crash. Maybe you just saw Tracker crash and thought it had
something to do with you messing with files in the Terminal before? Maybe
it's completely unrelated. You should post a stacktrace of the Tracker
crash in any case.

Best regards,
-Stephan