[haiku-development] Re: Filesystem corruption and Alpha-1

  • From: Zenja Solaja <solaja@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 08:27:53 +1000

Today I've compiled a version of Haiku with ATA tracing turned on to get
more verbose output for my chipset (nForce 590).  However, I've also noticed
that from Zeta Drive Setup tool, the partition type says Linux Swap, even
though it has been formatted as a BeFS (well, it obviously runs with the IDE
driver).  Thinking that this might be one of the causes, I've tried using
Zeta's partitioning tool (PSI) to reinitialise it, but that tool screwed
something up so that Zeta can no longer see the partition (and psi locks up
indefinately).  Even Gparted from Linux boot CD's now chokes on the
partition, even though it still has a valid FAT32 and BeFS (with Zeta) on
it.  To cut a long story short, I'm trying to find a way to
non-destructively create a BeFS partition on that disk, so that I can
install the new Haiku version with ATA tracing.  I'll do that during the
weekend.

Until then, I've got screenshots of the serial log WITHOUT ATA TRACING.
 Haiku enters KDL after the 4th boot icon (disk), with the message "PANIC:
did not find boot partition" Thread 13 - "main2".  The same partition with a
Haiku image with the IDE driver used to work fine.  I cannot interact with
KDL since I have a USB keyboard.

http://www.users.on.net/~zenja/images/haiku/IMG_0059.JPG
http://www.users.on.net/~zenja/images/haiku/IMG_0061.JPG
http://www.users.on.net/~zenja/images/haiku/IMG_0062.JPG
http://www.users.on.net/~zenja/images/haiku/IMG_0063.JPG
http://www.users.on.net/~zenja/images/haiku/IMG_0064.JPG
http://www.users.on.net/~zenja/images/haiku/IMG_0065.JPG   (last one)

The motherboard is Asus MN32-SLI Deluxe (nForce 590 chipset), the disk is a
Seagate connected to IDE bus (111.79 Gb).  Partition data from Zeta USED to
show the following before PSI screwed things around:
Zeta 39Gb
Fat32 31.9Gb
extended (LBA) 0.5kb
empty 0.0kb
Haiku 2Gb   <=  (note this was indicated as Linux swap from Zeta Disk Setup)
Linux ext2 15Gb
Linux ext 23 Gb

I'll try and get the ATA TRACING version running during the weekend.

Cheers.