[haiku-development] Re: File Open/Save Dialog Edit menu

Am 17.05.2013 um 09:51 schrieb Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Am 17/05/2013 06:58, schrieb David Rawson Couzelis:
>> The "File" menu was not named because it's for "file" commands. The
>> menus are named with verbs that describe generally what the actions in
>> the menu are for.
>
> Out of curiosity: where do you get that from? On the Amiga it was even called
> "Project" instead. Now that's definitely not a verb.

It doesn't have to be a verb to serve as a "category" for the actions in the
menu, rather than referring to the "object" that the actions apply to. I find
this angle quite interesting and probably very useful. It could solve some
other longstanding issues with the Tracker menus, like for example that
Window->Settings would be no longer a problem, if you view "Window" as an
action category rather than the window object where the menu is located.

Best regards,
-Stephan