[haiku-development] Re: File Open/Save Dialog Edit menu

On 17.05.2013, at 09:51, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am 17/05/2013 06:58, schrieb David Rawson Couzelis:
>> The "File" menu was not named because it's for "file" commands. The
>> menus are named with verbs that describe generally what the actions in
>> the menu are for.
>
> Out of curiosity: where do you get that from? On the Amiga it was even called
> "Project" instead. Now that's definitely not a verb.

The good old times ;-)

But I think, this discussion shows one point, the Haiku Human Interface
Guidelines could use some more love, which will not stop these discussions, but
at least clearly defines a status quo.

E.g. standard menu naming, positioning an contents could be described in more
detail. More illustrations would be helpful, etc..

If the target is consistency, the current HIG doesn't really provide the
guidance I would hope for as an app developer.

Just my 2 cents ...

Cheers,
Rossi