[haiku-development] Re: Feasibility of a 64-bit port?

  • From: Kira Scarlett <rhys@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 15:28:41 -0700

Since interest in Itanium seems to be pretty much zero, I'm currently
working on getting it running on x86_64. Getting it to compile in a 64-bit
environment is where I'm starting, even before trying to make the actual
code generated 64-bit. So far it looks like most of the codebase is in fact
64-bit safe, although I haven't looked that closely yet.

I'll post updates when I have them.