[haiku-development] Re: FatELF on Haiku?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 12:17:28 +0100

Konstantinos Margaritis <markos@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What do others -and esp. the Haiku devs- think about this?

Personally, I'm not a friend of FatELF - I don't like to waste the disk
space for nothing, and depending on the number of architectures we
support, this could actually get expensive.

Furthermore, we plan to work on a package manager which would make this
feature pretty much superfluous, anyway (well, of course it would be
kinda neat to be able to boot one Haiku installation on different
architectures, but beyond that, it's quite a waste for such little
use).

Bye,
   Axel.