[haiku-development] Re: F12 in the alpha

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 11:31:50 +0200

Axel Dörfler wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> just wanted to ask if we shouldn't move F12 to a more complex key
> combination for the alpha build.
>
> Also, I guess the KDL key combination should only work for the root user
> (because of the power it gives over the system)? If so, we would need to
> rearrange how the KDL entering works. I remember we still have a patch by
> Jan on hold that introduces emergency keys, but that wouldn't be enough
> for this either. Alternatively, we could enable it via kernel setting
> only.

If not for the problem that USB-keyboard users can't get out of KDL, I
would opt for keeping it as is and adding a message "If you got here by
accident, enter "co" to get back to the Desktop.". In any case, I really
wouldn't spend much time on it, the concern about root versus regular users
doesn't seem important to me right now.

Best regards,
-Stephan