[haiku-development] Re: F12 in the alpha

2008/10/8 Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi there,
>
> just wanted to ask if we shouldn't move F12 to a more complex key
> combination for the alpha build.

Why not the SysReq key? It's not that easy to hit that combination by accident.

> Also, I guess the KDL key combination should only work for the root
> user (because of the power it gives over the system)?

+1

> If so, we would need to rearrange how the KDL entering works. I
> remember we still have a patch by Jan on hold that introduces emergency
> keys, but that wouldn't be enough for this either.
> Alternatively, we could enable it via kernel setting only.

I don't know. Personally, I think that with the above suggestion, it
will be very hard for regular users to end up there accidentally,
although we could mention that in a section of the Welcome package.