[haiku-development] Re: Extracting out libjpeg.so from the JPEG translator

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 09:44:07 +0200 CEST

Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2009/8/17 Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > You would probably need to introduce a new protocol for that, IIRC.
> > There is no technical reason, though, only some API changes and
> > extensions.
> From what I can tell the BPositionIO that is there should be enough
> do a streaming translator.

Theoretically yes. You would just need to know when updates are coming
in, for example. And Translate() of course would wait for completion
over the whole time, while it could come back directly, and do the
thread handling itself. In any case, you would need to pass a
BMessenger that you want to get progress messages for (I already
introduced that for the RAW translator, as that one is terribly slow).

Bye,
   Axel.