[haiku-development] Re: Error building in ZETA

  • From: Gabriele Biffi <mlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 19:10:26 +0200

Rene Gollent wrote:
On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 9:53 AM, Gabriele Biffi <mlist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to build Haiku (just pulled from SVN) under ZETA 1.2 and the
cross tools from the site.

I'm getting this error:

MergeObjectFromObjects1 actions too long (max 10240)!

I used this command to configure:

./configure --target=haiku --cross-tools-prefix
/BeData/haiku/cross-tools/bin/i586-pc-haiku-

and then

jam -q haiku-image

ZETA still has the original developer tools, not the newer ones, but it
shouldn't be a problem if I use the cross tools, right?

You need to build/install Haiku's jam first out of buildtools/jam.

Ok, found the problem.

I did install the new jam, but for some funny reason, ZETA was still using its own!

I didn't want to investigate further, so I just replaced the system's one, but does someone have some idea for this?

So far, I've been using R5 on my dual P3 650 for my Haiku development (development? WHAT development?) but I got tired of its slowness (why, oh why is GCC single threaded?). Neither ZETA nor R5 run on my new dual core, so I collected some spare parts and resurrected my trusty Athlon, which can run ZETA. I'll put it away again when Haiku will be stable enough on the dual core, but for now, I'm happy my KVM switch has four ports...

Regards,

Gabriele