[haiku-development] Re: Error

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 09:47:01 +0100

On 2009-11-26 at 22:28:21 [+0100], Fredrik Modèen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> >> Datum: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 18:45:43 +0100 (CET)
> >> Von: "Fredrik Modèen" <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx>
> >
> >> After Install the latest Haiku (34248 gcc2) from haiku-files and
> >> removing
> >> generated etc to make a clean build.
> >
> > That's not quite the latest Haiku. It's probably even some broken
> > in-between version. As of r34267 Haiku installations older than the
> > introduction of the config/ header directory should work as a build host
> > (without modifications of the installed headers -- tested on r34172) and
> > as of r34271 new installations should work, too (tested on r34267). I
> > haven't retested r34271 on an older installation, so I wouldn't rule out
> > that I've broken something again.
> >
> >> Doing what Axel wrote and later what Jérôme wrote (the later did no
> >> effect I tested to build between) I'm getting this below, I'm I the only
> >> one building from Haiku gcc2 with problems? :( .. more problems than
> >> usually that is :)
> >>
> >> MkDir1 generated/objects/haiku_host/x86/release/tools/addattr
> >> C++ generated/objects/haiku_host/x86/release/tools/addattr/main.o
> >> In file included from /boot/develop/headers/os/app/Messenger.h:12,
> >>                  from /boot/develop/headers/os/storage/MimeType.h:12,
> >>                  from /boot/develop/headers/os/storage/Mime.h:58,
> >>                  from
> >> /BFS_Data/project/Haiku/haiku/src/bin/addattr/main.cpp:12:
> >> /boot/develop/headers/os/kernel/OS.h:711: `NAME_MAX' was not declared in
> >> this scope
> >> /BFS_Data/project/Haiku/haiku/src/bin/addattr/main.cpp: In function
> >> `status_t typeForString(const char *, type_code *)':
> >> /BFS_Data/project/Haiku/haiku/src/bin/addattr/main.cpp:82: `LONG_MIN'
> >> undeclared (first use this function)
> >> /BFS_Data/project/Haiku/haiku/src/bin/addattr/main.cpp:82: (Each
> >> undeclared identifier is reported only once
> >> /BFS_Data/project/Haiku/haiku/src/bin/addattr/main.cpp:82: for each
> >> function it appears in.)
> >> /BFS_Data/project/Haiku/haiku/src/bin/addattr/main.cpp:83: warning:
> >> control reaches end of non-void function `typeForString(const char *,
> >> type_code *)'
> >
> > Both NAME_MAX and LONG_MIN are defined in <limits.h>, which is included by
> > <OS.h> via <StorageDefs.h>. It has been like that virtually forever and
> > none of the recent changes should have affected this in any way. No idea
> > why that would fail now.
> >
> > Anyway, please rather use a current installation revision (>r34271) or one
> > older than the config headers introduction (<r34214) and update your
> > source tree to r34271 or newer. If the error still persists, please
> > provide the failing compile line, the complete output for it, and the
> > pre-processed file (replace the "-c" in the command line with "-E" and
> > change the output file name (after the "-o" option)).
> The first part I do understand "provide the failing compile line"
> generated/objects don't have any files

* You have already provided the output of the failing action. When you
encounter the problem next time with updated source and/or up/downgraded
Haiku installation make sure to provide it again.

* The failing compile command line is printed by jam directly after the above
output. Should be something like "gcc ... -c ... path/to/main.cpp ... -o
path/to/main.o". Just copy and send everything from jam's progress report for
the action ("C++ path/to/main.o") to where it states that it failed
("...failed C++ path/to/main.o").

* Copy the compile command line in your Terminal, replace the "-c"
 by "-E" and the "path/to/main.o" by "/boot/home/Desktop/main.pp", and
execute the line -- that will only pre-process the source file. Send the
output file ("main.pp" on you desktop).

Or best create a ticket. But please first up/downgrade your Haiku
installation and update your working directory. Make sure to mention both
revisions.

CU, Ingo