[haiku-development] Re: EDID Problem

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:05:58 +0200 CEST

Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Nevertheless, I have examined the Common Accelerant EDID code and
> tested
> it with several CRT and LCD monitors, and have decided that the
> function
> to verify the EDID checksum should be resurrected.  Sometime in the
> past
[...]

Thomas obviously had reasons to disable that check, but I'm fine with
trying to see what happens when we enable it again. Maybe we should
drop a note to the syslog if only the checksum is invalid - this way,
we could then manually test on those setups if that's the only problem
of the data.

We should then call for a test of this, though.

Bye,
   Axel.