[haiku-development] Re: Duplicate headers?

  • From: Augustin Cavalier <waddlesplash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 14:38:25 -0400

On Aug 29, 2014 11:48 AM, "James Leone" <linuxcpa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I noticed that some code that includes headers i.e. <*.h> wants to read
the /boot/system/develop and .../develop/posix and .../develop/bsd
directorories. Similarly, <sys/*.h> would read from both of these:
....posix/sys and .....bsd/sys.

> We have 9 duplicates amongst theze directories.
>
> How does the compiler know which one to pick?

Based on the order of include directory listing on the command line and
whether there was a bsd/ in the include directive. And these are nor
duplicates, they are for the freebsd WiFi compat layer.

Such trivialities are not specific to Haiku, there is plenty of
documentation elsewhere on #include and command line flags to GCC.

> P.s. our zlib.h is misding 3 lines of code compared to Linux' same. Same
author and pub date.

Which are?
-Augustin