[haiku-development] Re: Dual license in a file.

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 15:33:20 -0400

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Fredrik Modèen<fredrik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The file DiskUsage.cpp (same exists in GrepApp.cpp) has a realy good
> solution (process_refs) on how to solve the ticket # 4336 and I would like
> to use this in Backgrounds.cpp (backgrounds), how would like license look
> like?

I would pull the process_refs code out into
headers/private/shared/TrackerAddOnAppProcessRefs.h (or a better name
if you can think of one, this is just being very explicit.) This will
have the proper license text.

Then just include that file in DiskUsage, TextSearch and Backgrounds
(and of course remove the current process_refs from each.)

To be able to use that header just add this to the Jamfile:

UsePrivateHeaders shared ;

This way you can avoid repeated code and not have a complicated license issue.

--
Regards,
Ryan