[haiku-development] Re: Driver loading

Thx to your hints, reloading works for me now, too :-) I've added my driver to /boot/home/config/add-ons/kernel/drivers/bin/. This prevented the reloading. After using the system driver path /boot/system/add-ons/kernel/drivers/bin it works.

Now, is this behaviour intended, I mean reloading not working when using the user add-on dir?

-colin

By the way this is tested on revision 30860.

Update: the cause of the prevented reloading, doesn't lie in the used directory (whether user or system) but whether you put the real driver-bin there or just symlink. Until now my setup symlinked the generated driver from the generated/.../atheros directory to the user...bin and then from user...bin to user..dev/net. And this setup didn't work out. Now I'm copying over the whole driver bin and this works.

-colin