[haiku-development] Re: Driver development - how to install a new driver

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 8:06 AM, Christian Packmann
<Christian.Packmann@xxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm trying to develop a driver in the "normal" way, i.e. outside the Haiku
> source tree. I based the source on the misc/poke driver. I use the
> Jamfile-engine from
> http://www.haiku-os.org/documents/dev/the_art_of_jamming_all_parts . The
> driver builds okay, but when I try to install it the old BeOS way with the
> following shell script:

This is somewhat unrelated to your question, but I am somewhat amazed
that the Jamfile-engine worked for you for this. I guess I did include
driver building in it, but I wrote it so long ago I had forgotten.

The main reason I am commenting is some people have had problems with
the Jamfile-engine and I have intended for some time to update it
based on a lot of the things we have learned about Jam since then, but
haven't done that yet obviously. But hey if it works for you, great!

Regards,
Ryan