[haiku-development] Re: Driver development - how to install a new driver

  • From: Christian Packmann <Christian.Packmann@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 18:13:29 +0100

Stephan Assmus wrote:
It's supposed to work like this anyways, but I don't know if you have hit a bug or unimplemented functionality. Maybe Axel would be best to comment on this one, just wanted to let you know that it's still intended to work like this.

Thanks, this narrowed down the possible problems. I finally rebooted, and that
worked. :-) I'm still too pampered by my BeOS experiences with 'rescan'...

Now that the driver is installed, a 'rescan' does seem to work as intended;
using the same install script, changes in the driver code are recognized when
it's next opened.

Christian