[haiku-development] Re: Downloading gcc?

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 23:27:15 -0800

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 05:04:03PM -0800, pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I guess I'll try just moving the standard boot/develop/headers aside,
> and linking to the build versions.

OK -- did exactly that, and it worked a charm.  I seem now to have
a current built haiku.image. Looking good...!

BTW, I forgot to mention before that I appreciate the way you folks
arranged the ABI tree.  Made it trivial to slot in the new gcc alongside
the old without disturbing more than the 'current' link.  Neat.

> Which brings up another question that I'll ask in advance(!):
> Is there a way to install directly from an image file, rather than
> dd'ing it to a USB stick?

And you can ignore this question now, as I just did some experimenting
and found that 'mount' is perfectly happy to mount the image.  I guess
that should be a known feature, but I thought I'd tried it before
without success.

Thanks,
        -- Pete --