[haiku-development] Re: Downloading gcc?

  • From: pulkomandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 10:27:44 +0100

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 10:25:10PM -0800, pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've *finally* got round to checking out the source onto my Haiku box,
> but I got stuck almost immediately!  I do './configure' and get:
>
>    GCC version 2.95.3-haiku-100818 is required!
>    Please download it from www.haiku-os.org...
>
> but I've searched extensively on the site and can find no way to do this...
>
> Or do I have to check out the build tools as well?  The docs specifically
> say this shouldn't be necessary on a Haiku system, so I'd hate to clutter
> things up with that whole shebang.
>
> Advice, please.

Which version of Haiku are you running ? It is not possible to build a
gcc2 Haiku from a gcc4 one, and vice versa. You can, however, build any
kind of hybrid if your install is already an hybrid.

Also, if your Haiku install is too old, you will have an older version
of gcc which can't be used. You can download a new one from
http://www.haiku-files.org/files/optional-packages/ . I don't know why
this page isn't linked anywhere, it's quite useful.