[haiku-development] Discussing GSoC 2015 Ideas

  • From: Tiger Kid1 <tigerkid001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 17:07:59 +0530

Hi! I was going through the Ideas page for GSoC 2015 and I finda
couple of them interesting. But I have some questions regarding them.
First off, the Modular Edit View task
(https://www.haiku-os.org/community/gsoc/2015/ideas#user-interface).
Is this about writing a Pe-like code-editor, or simply adding
functionality the its edit view? Should it be something like Notepad++
or gedit?
Second, regarding the graphical project manager tool
(https://www.haiku-os.org/community/gsoc/2015/ideas#other), how should
this IDE be different/similar to Paladin. Can the code be re-used?
I also liked the Tracker vcs add-on idea, and would definitely explore it.
Thanks in advance,

Regards
Sidhant.