[haiku-development] Re: Disabling Strict Aliasing for GCC4 Builds

  • From: "Curtis Wanner" <katisu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 22:13:01 -0400

Did some more testing with Michael's GCC4 no optimizations r25000 build and
the firewire definitely makes it less stable.  Several times on its own it
would KDL or freeze up within 8 to 12 minutes or in the same time frame
would KDL when I try to access a menu.  Without either the card or the
driver this wasn't a problem.

Please note, there are several compiler warnings under gcc2.95.3 with the
firewire driver.  I'm curious what gcc4 generates for comparison, but I
would need to set up for that.  Should I file a ticket just for the
gcc2.95.3 warnings?

Curtis