[haiku-development] Re: Disabling Strict Aliasing for GCC4 Builds

  • From: "Rene Gollent" <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 16:12:41 -0500

Hi again,

I'm curious by the way, is the kind of variable/pointer usage that
results in the issues outlined here commonplace in drivers? The most
obvious and also only consistent problem I have with a gcc4 build is
that the radeon driver does not work at all. As soon as the app_server
tries to start it my monitor will start jumping in and out of sleep
mode. Euan thought it could possibly be some difference in struct
padding between gcc2 and 4 that's not being properly taken into
account but I'm wondering if it could be this aliasing issue also.
Thoughts?

Rene