[haiku-development] Re: Disable BView antialiasing

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 01:11:34 +0200

On 2009-09-27 at 00:40:46 [+0200], Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 5:39 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > Horizontal/vertical lines aren't anti-aliased anyway, so the speed
> > penalty only comes into play when you actually see the outcome on
> > screen.
>
> So the actual pixel-tripling and all that associated with subpixel AA
> rendering is done at the very last minute? If so, that is pretty nice.

At the very last microsecond, but yes. :-}

> I suppose I really need to read through the app_server painter sources.

Would certainly be cool to have more people look it over. Currently the
gradient stuff is a bit unfinished, but much of the rest should be fairly
well tested by now. It would still be interesting if you can spot something
that can be improved. The pixel access is certainly a candidate for
improvement, but maybe there is more.

Best regards,
-Stephan