[haiku-development] Re: Disable BView antialiasing

2009/9/23 Caitlin Shaw <rogueeve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> This is a major change from BeOS, then?  It certainly seems to explain
>> why my 'rubber-banding' in MusicWeaver no longer works. (:-/)  (I used
>> B_OP_INVERT, so I could just draw over an existing line to erase it.)
>>
>> What would be the preferred method to draw a rubber-band line in Haiku?
>>
>> -- Pete --
>>

> Anti-aliasing is of course sometimes a good thing, as it makes lines
> look nicer and is fairly complex to implement yourself, but could this
> be considered a compatibility issue? I noticed that this app:
> http://www.haikuware.com/directory/view-details/utilities/screensavers/space-screen-saver
> leaves trails as it draws, presumably because it was written for R5
> which I assume did not anti-alias. I can think of other situations where
> anti-aliasing could be an annoyance, besides just the "draw over to
> erase" paradigm. In my instance, I switched to using a BDirectWindow and
> plotted the lines myself using Brensenham, but that is probably no good
> for apps.

There was a bug floating around on Trac that I took a look at a while
back to do with the red circle with a line through it on the screen
saver prefs (for when no active corner was selected iirc). I don't
know if it's still open (probably) but it was basically that the line
through the circle wasn't positioned nicely.

I double checked the maths involved and it the coordinates used were
fine, the problem came from the sub-pixel AA :(