[haiku-development] Re: Disable BView antialiasing

  • From: Jack Small <jaxs@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 19:54:34 -0700

On Sep 23, 2009, at 12:39 PM, pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> It's actually only
> cosmetic in this particular case, but it definitely looks a lot worse
> than the original jaggy rubber bands (which one never actually noticed
> as such because they only appeared fleetingly)!

On the Mac to do these effects I often use a temporary second
transparent overlay window on top of the primary window.  Then I can
draw and erase without worrying about what may be underneath.  It's a
really easy way to put controls on top of movies or other complex
backgrounds.  Is this possible in Haiku?

I like the StrokeAliasedLine route inside the view.

More later,
Jack