[haiku-development] Re: Disable BView antialiasing

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 09:44:15 +0200

On 2009-09-23 at 08:12:52 [+0200], pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 11:55:36PM -0400, Ryan Leavengood wrote:
> >
> > Regarding the topic of this thread, shouldn't there be a way to undo
> > the antialiased line with the right combination of colors and drawing
> > mode? In other words a sort of inverse antialias? If not maybe we could
> > add something like that, assuming it is possible.
> >
> It seems to me that the current situation is something of a mistake. I'd
> bet mine isn't the only app that uses B_OP_INVERT and breaks! I'd have
> thought that StrokeLine et al should behave like their BeOS prototypes,
> and there should be StrokeAliasedLine etc, or such, for the new behaviour.

So current apps would start out to look even more dated? Have you read any
of the comments that the articles about our alpha release have received? I
cannot believe you guys would ditch this nice new feature because you are
too lazy to adopt your BeOS for this one problematic situation. :-( I even
already explained what the solution could be, and it would be very simple.
Anyone of you could have implemented it in the same time it took to read
and write these emails.

Best regards,
-Stephan