[haiku-development] Re: Directory renaming

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 11:45:32 +0200

On 2009-04-03 at 11:33:56 [+0200], Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Still, after checking the current BeOS layout, it seems to be the
> > intend was to separate classic beos "vendor" stuff from bare system
> > files required to boot...
> > though I suppose since sh is in beos/bin anyway...
>
> Yes, while that separation was always a bit flawed, it is now lost.
> Now that the generated stuff is at the new locations, I guess I'll have
> to change the source directory locations as well to make them match
> better:
> 1) separate etc/ from data directories

Fine by me.

> 2) move the contents of src/system/ one layer higher, ie. have src/boot
> /, src/kernel/ src/libroot/, src/glue/, src/runtime_loader/.

Mmh, I don't know. src/system is simply the core system, i.e. what is
needed to start the system and programs on it. So it kind of makes sense to
keep it in one place.

> 3) move src/system/ldscripts/ to build/

If you have to. I wouldn't mind leaving those where they are. They are used
only for the stuff in src/system anyway.

CU, Ingo