[haiku-development] Re: Directory renaming

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 11:33:56 +0200 CEST

"François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Still, after checking the current BeOS layout, it seems to be the
> intend was to separate classic beos "vendor" stuff from bare system
> files required to boot...
> though I suppose since sh is in beos/bin anyway...

Yes, while that separation was always a bit flawed, it is now lost.
Now that the generated stuff is at the new locations, I guess I'll have
to change the source directory locations as well to make them match
1) separate etc/ from data directories
2) move the contents of src/system/ one layer higher, ie. have src/boot
/, src/kernel/ src/libroot/, src/glue/, src/runtime_loader/.
3) move src/system/ldscripts/ to build/