[haiku-development] Re: Design for signed packages

  • From: Jonathan Schleifer <js-haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 21:25:39 +0100

Am 28.03.2014 um 18:32 schrieb Ari Haviv <arielbhaviv@xxxxxxxxx>:

> It's also something users don't care about...until after they are hit. That's
> when they get upset. It's a thankless job. Many developers (open source is
> not immune) are features oriented because they can show something  now. It
> would be nice to see someone being proactive for a change.

Well, I didn't want to stop after signed packages. But that was what I deemed
the most necessary step, as every developer downloads unsigned packages during
the build process and then later uploads packages. So all that's needed to
plant a backdoor in Haiku is controlling the internet connection of a single
developer once.

--
Jonathan