[haiku-development] Re: Design for signed packages

  • From: Jonathan Schleifer <js-haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 02:43:14 +0100

Am 28.03.2014 um 02:12 schrieb François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>:

> That's news to me, last I heard SecureBoot was mandatory on ARM...

They had it mandatory on both, but changed the requirements for x86. I don't
think ARM is relevant anyway, as there's almost nothing running Windows RT, and
only those systems would be affected. It's also not different to other systems
where the bootloader is locked, which is the even the case for most Android
devices.

There's SecureBoot like it's in the UEFI specification, and there's what
Microsoft made out of it. You can install your own certificates or you can
disable it, that's your choice ;).

But anyway, that never was the topic. It was only a side-effect of the design
that it would allow us to fulfill the SecureBoot requirements. And it was most
certainly never the stated goal.

--
Jonathan