[haiku-development] Re: Design for signed packages

  • From: Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 15:39:51 +0100

<js-haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I didn't think that I would spend more time justifying myself why I want
> signed packages than actually implementing it. If I would have spent all that
> time that I had to justify myself, we'd already have package signing.

Keep in mind that anyone registered to the mailing list can post here,
so there may be mail from people who has little to say in haiku
development or knowledge of the matter at hand.
There are probably many devs, like myself, who think signed packages
is the right thing, but has little knowledge in how to improve your
proposal and therefore refrain from posting to keep the noise down.

Please think twice if it really brings new knowledge or help to the
development discussion. Threads should not be longer than they have to
or this mailing-list will lose its purpose.

If you are still interested I recommend start coding and take the
technical discussion directly with the few who have shown interest and
knowledge in this, and skip this mailing-list.

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH