[haiku-development] Re: Desbar patch

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 17:21:38 +0200 CEST

Hi Julun,

Julun <HOST.HAIKU@xxxxxx> wrote:
> i would like to ask if the Deskbar maintainer could review my patch,
> so
> that there isn't an oversight before applying them to the code.
>
> basically i added a 3rd time format to be consistent with Tracker +
> handling the messages. because of the pixel exact laying out for
> replicants, it can't show the proper short iso date.
>
> otherwise it works fine so far, except saving the applied settings
> from
> within time prefs...

First of all, thanks for your work!
However, I don't think having another bool for the ISO date is the
right approach to take (besides I don't really think that this has any
use for the end user at all). Instead, the time preferences should
contain a short and long date format string that applications may use.
I also don't like saving those in different places too much. IOW I
don't think that this is what we should do.

Bye,
   Axel.