[haiku-development] Re: Defining new standard attributes

-- Axel Dörfler, on Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:32:00 +0100:
> > Maybe add:
> >     video:cast                                      (i) comma separated list
>
> I'd thought about this, too. I've even added this to my little script
> that gives my movies those attributes by querying the IMDB :-)
> Might be useful - but only the first 256 characters are indexed
> anyway,
> so this cannot be a full cast.

I think for most users the main actors of a movie suffice. We just want
to query for our favorite stars and not have a complete movie database
in Tracker.

> > > audio/*, image/*, video/*, text/*, application/(x-)ogg,
> > > application/x-asf
> > >   media:producer
> > This is not the "Producer" as in "Director" for video:director
> > above,
> > right?
>
> I actually thought it as producer, but since this has a meaning in
> audio:producer as well as video:producer, I went for media:producer.

Hmmm, while I can see the appeal of "director" and maybe also "writer",
I never was interesting who was the producer of a movie...

> > Maybe media:creator would be better.
>
> That could be another attribute - or maybe rather media:author?

I thought about author, but since it's also valid for images/* , and
author is so entangled with writing, I think "creator" is more generic.
Just to clarify, the "creator" would be the person that "did" that
piece of art. I.e. for example Stippi when cutting together the BG021
footage.

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de