[haiku-development] Re: Defining new standard attributes

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 14:53:10 +0100

-- André Braga, on Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:30:48 -0200:
---snip
Thanks for elaborating. I see, that it much depends on the workflow, as
you say. Maybe, even more modular workflows could emerge. You know,
like picking files, and stringing together helper tools for demuxing,
resizing, filtering, encoding, muxing etc.
Then having those attributes and being able to make them visible in
Tracker will come handy.

> I concede that it's better to manage the visibility flag externally,
> and in this case I sure hope for this option to be prominently
> advertised on the user guide.

You betcha. :)

> Perhaps the Attributes menu could be expanded to include a "More..."
> option where you can cherry-pick the ones that should be visible
> while
> not cluttering the menu with infrequently-used ones.

Good idea. Basically a pimped "Extra Attributes" list of the Filetypes
preferences in it's own panel. No need to confront the user with the
whole, at first glance intimidating, preference window...

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de