[haiku-development] Defining new standard attributes

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Haiku Development" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 17:43:00 +0100

Hi,

I've compiled a list of all attributes that I think we should define
globally, such that applications can use them as needed. I've only
covered user visible attributes so far.

For now, I've opted for lower-case prefixes, and names, but this is, of
course, open for discussion. Other options would be "MEDIA:duration",
"MEDIA:Duration", "Media:Duration", etc.

If anyone thinks there is some attribute missing, please shout.

--------------------------8<--------------------------
Tracker visible attributes

*/*
        META:comment
        META:keywords                                                   (i)
comma separated
list
        META:location                                                   (i)
comma separated
list
        META:rating                     int32                           (i)
from 0 to 10

audio/*, image/*, video/*, text/*, application/(x-)ogg, application/x-
asf
        media:duration                                                  format
h:mm:ss[.f]
or m:ss[.f]
        media:genre
(i) comma separated
list of genres
        media:language                                                  (i)
maybe only
language tags that

                are
expanded for display?
        media:producer
        media:thumbnail         raw (PNG | JPEG)
        media:year                      int32                           (i)

audio/*
        audio:album
(i)
        audio:artist                                                    (i)
        audio:bitrate
        audio:title
(i)
        audio:track                     int32

image/*
        image:aperture                                                  format
"f/<aperture>"
        image:focal_length
example: "28mm"
        image:resolution                                                format
"<width>x<height>"
        image:iso
(i) example: "ISO
200"
        image:exposure_time
example: "1/60s"

video/*
        video:bitrate
        video:director                                                  (i)
comma separated
list
        video:writer                                                    (i)
comma separated
list
        video:ratio
format "x:y"
        video:resolution

--
(i) indexed attribute
no type implies string type

Comments welcome.
If there are no objections, I will add these types to the image, and
let MediaPlayer add those that it can add (and show them in the info
window, too).

Bye,
   Axel.