[haiku-development] Re: Default Boot Splash Resolution

  • From: Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 15:45:03 -0500

Axel Dörfler wrote:
"Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
does anyone (besides Urias ;-)) have a good argument against letting the default boot splash resolution grow to 1024x768 by default? This is chosen only when there is no EDID information available (such is the case with some graphics boards/monitors/all emulators).

I should mention that this also affects the default resolution for Haiku if you're running it in VESA mode.

Some old video cards that have only 1 MB of RAM can handle 1024x768 only if the color depth is 8 bpp. Otherwise I see no problem with 1024x768.

Best Regards,
Gerald