[haiku-development] Re: Dealing with AudioCDs

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 22:11:30 +0100 CET

Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 16.12.2008, 21:28 +0100 schrieb Jonas Sundström:
> > Maybe the cdda-fs data backend could be reworked
> > to be also human readable and editable.
>
> Hehe. It allows you simply rename files on your
> otherwise read-only CD.
> That's how human readable/editable it actually is. :-)

Haha.. yeah.. mind lapse. :)

But what if a person is using CDPlayer, primarily.
That person might have to first mount the CD to be
able to edit it.

IIRC, CDPlayer's ioctl commands also work while a CD
is mounted by cdda-fs (and not in use - as expected
the two play methods don't work concurrently).

If CDPlayer wants to promote the in-Tracker editing
method (replacing its own) it might want to actively
mount the CD, unlike today.

(I personally don't find a single purpose CD player
all that useful these days, with media players being
expected to cope with so many codecs, media, network
streaming and all. CDPlayer could probably be cut out.
I wonder how many would miss it.)

/Jonas.