[haiku-development] Re: Dead keys in Keymap?

Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Axel Dörfler wrote:
> > If the US-International keymap is wrong, please go ahead and fix
> > it!
> My pleasure, as long as someone points me to documentation on how to
> make a key a dead key. :)

Not sure there is any documentation. In any case, I know how to change
the in memory key_map to get the result, but not exactly how to change
the source files; but I guess that shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

> Say I have a key 0xaa (this is a random value), how would I make it
> be
> interpreted as a dead key instead of a normal key that just prints
> its
> character?

I have to guess but I think you would just assign that key the dead key
symbol you want to, say '~'. Then you would use "TildeTab Normal" and
that would make that key work as a dead key without any additional
modifier. You can add the other modifiers there as wanted/needed.

> I asked this once (I wanted to fix it), but didn't get any definitive
> answer.

That's the beauty of open source development...

Bye,
   Axel.