[haiku-development] DNS woes

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 18:55:48 -0800

We transferred the domains from GoDaddy to Namecheap today, and while
the name servers were still pointed to godaddy after the transfer, it
seems godaddy purged our DNS records immediately forcing me to
reconstruct it as quickly as possible.

As such, there may be some hiccups as the new DNS propogates through
the internets.

Sorry for the irritation, if I known that would occur, I would have
done things a bit differently.

On a side note, I apparently failed to jot down a couple settings, so
I'll need to get some info from Oliver when he's awake on how to setup
the MX record(s) and SPF again. In the meantime, email to
@haiku-os.org will probably fail and email from @haiku-os.org may be
dumped to spam until that gets resolved.

As things eventually return to normal (dns resolution works), let me
know ASAP if it looks like anything else was forgotten.

- Urias