[haiku-development] Re: Custom Display Resolutions?

  • From: Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 23:09:24 -0800

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 7:35 PM, Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 6:25 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> You could try to add those IDs to the driver(s) (ie. the Intel GART
>> driver, and the Intel Extreme graphics driver).

> I'd like to give it a try,

I've just succeeded in building Haiku from source on a Fedora 11 box,
transferring the image to a Flash drive, then installing from the
Flash drive.

My Fedora box is a Core 2 Quad Xeon; "jam -j4" build the whole works
in just four minutes!

Now I'll look at that video driver.  If I can get it to work for me
I'll attach a patch to a Trac ticket.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford