[haiku-development] Re: Custom Display Resolutions?

  • From: Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 19:35:53 -0800

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 6:25 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You could try to add those IDs to the driver(s) (ie. the Intel GART
> driver, and the Intel Extreme graphics driver).
> However, since you only have DVI out, the chances aren't good that it
> will just work then (I have a DVI card for my Intel G3 series, but
> didn't find the time/interest to work on that yet, since my monitor
> manages to show a perfect image with VGA).

I'd like to give it a try, but I know very little about video drivers
on any platform, and nothing at all on Haiku.

Is there a document that discusses the overall architecture of Haiku
video drivers?

I know that the Be Book discusses drivers in general.

Video drivers tend to be really complex, so it's going to be some time
and effort to learn how to work with them.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
mdcrawford at gmail dot com