[haiku-development] Re: Ctrl+Alt window management functionality

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 05:22:26 -0500

On Jan 20, 2013 11:58 PM, "John Scipione" <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I've already articulated my reason several times in this thread so
> I'll just summarize them here.
> 1. RMB drags have poor ergonomics, they are difficult to perform
physically.
> 2. RMB drags have poor discoverability, they are non-obvious.
>
> I seek to solve these problems by providing better methods to move and
> resize windows using the LMB. This is my third such attempt.

The current behavior is (mostly) consistent -- LMB initiates moving the
window and RMB initiates as resize.

The only inconsistency is 1. a LMB on the resizer corner will perform a
resize 2. RMB on the title tab does nothing.  That does have logic as it
allows people with single button pointer devices to perform both actions
and it is limited to very specific parts of the window.

I vehemently oppose changing this on the basis of "poor discoverability"
and the current visual cues when using CTRL ALT.

--mmadia