[haiku-development] Re: Ctrl+Alt window management functionality

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 09:18:04AM +0100, Humdinger wrote:
> Hi John!
>
> On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 00:39:39 -0500 John Scipione wrote:
> > I understand that you (Ingo and Humdinger) are partial to the current
> > behavior so here is my new idea. What if I were to make the window
> > borders perform a resize instead of a pan with no keys held?
>
> I have no problems with that,

I have *major* problems with that! (:-/)

I drag windows by their most convenient edge all the time.  I often have
so many windows open that some of them are bound to have their tabs off-screen.
To me this is a *feature* of BeOS, not a problem!  Please don't mess.

In this area, though, there is one feature I've always thought would be
useful to add somehow: some way, probably in the Deskbar, of 'finding'
a window that you've lost -- in BeOS I could move it entirely off-screen
and not be able to retrieve it.  Not sure if this can happen in Haiku
-- not something I'd like to try deliberately! -- but just yesterday
I had trouble finding a window that somehow had been moved so only its
edge was visible.

        -- Pete --