[haiku-development] Re: Ctrl+Alt window management functionality

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 18:31:31 +0100

Hi!

On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 13:01:14 +0100 Stephan Aßmus wrote:
> I would imagine that users trying out Haiku are not necessarily most
> interested in different window border dragging behavior. Haiku has
> enough other differentiating features. So I would be all for making
> this
> at least configurable and even defaulting to resize.

I think this may be the way to go, i.e. a radio option in Appearance's
"Look&Feel":

Border behavior:        O       Left button: resizing, right button: moving
                                        O       Left button: moving, right
button: resizing

The Ctrl+Alt shortcut behaviour (remember the topic of this thread? :))
has to respect that setting as well to stay consistent.

BTW, just because some feature or default setting is like on another
OS, isn't an argument against it. We should try to make new user
comfortble where possible. Is it such a burden to do the moving-by-
border with the right mouse button instead the left?
Hmm... I'd even go so far to scratch the above option in "Look&Feel"
and go with "Left button: resizing, right button: moving". I bet I
could easily adapt in a few hours. Happy users, less options. Good.

Regards,
Humdinger

      Deutsche Haiku News  -  Haiku Gazette
        http://haiku-gazette.blogspot.com