[haiku-development] Re: Ctrl+Alt window management functionality

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 19:03:23 -0500

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 6:31 PM, John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, another solution might be to make the resize edge proportional
> to the window size so large windows have big resize edge areas and as
> you shrink the window size down you also shrink the resize edge
> smaller and smaller until when you have a really small window the
> resize edge is just a few pixels.

I had that thought but pretty immediately dismissed it since I think
that is a bad behavior. Resizing a resize edge while it itself is
being used to resize the window is just too potentially confusing. I
don't even want to think of what the code might look like to make that
happen...

> However In my experiments with Tracker a 32px edge worked pretty well
> even at the minimum window size, you had enough room to resize and pan
> the window comfortably even though the window is too small to display
> any useful content.

OK, then I say go with that.

--
Regards,