[haiku-development] Re: Ctrl+Alt window management functionality

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 23:04:28 +0100

On 01/25/2013 10:19 PM, John Scipione wrote:
[...]
though. Firstly we'd need to change the picture to the LMB is you are
left-handed, maybe there is a setting to detect that?

If not it couldn't do a difference in the first place, or am I missing something? :-)

The idea is quite novel, do you think that this kind of UI concept
sets a good example for how we'd like 3rd party software to behave on
Haiku? I guess my main concern is that we shouldn't be too novel in
the base system inventing new UI paradigms; instead we should take a
conservative approach. Let 3rd parties create novel new UI concepts,
in the base system we should stick to the fundamentals.

I can't really agree here. I think the complete system (including 3rd party applications) should follow a single UI concept (and look). I hate applications that stand out, and think they have to invent their own concepts for no particular reasons.

Yes but the secondary button is normally used for context menus, this
is a very special case. I don't want Haiku to go down the same path
[...]

RMB already sent a windows to the background in BeOS. I don't quite see why you manage to give the LMB any number of meanings, but that other button can only have one.

Bye,
   Axel.